Citizens for Local Power (CLP) was founded in 2013 by 10 women who affectionately referred to themselves as the organization’s "kitchen cabinet." The kitchen cabinet continues to meet weekly in Rosendale, NY, a town of 6,000 people in the Mid-Hudson Valley. You can reach us anytime at by email or by calling one of our members below.
CLP is directed by Jen Metzger (Ph.D. in Political Science with a specialization in environmental politics and policy), Rosendale Town Councilwoman and a former chair of the town’s Commission on Conservation of the Environment.
Kitchen Cabinet members currently include (in alphabetical order):
- Jessica Barry, technical sales representative at Lighthouse Solar;
- Betta Broad, community anti-fracking and energy organizer;
- Susan H. Gillespie, Vice President for Special Global Initiatives and former VP for Development and Public Affairs, Bard College; translator of philosophy and poetry from German;
- Kelleigh McKenzie, musician, localist, and former communications director at Re>Think Local;
- Amy Trompetter, former Professor of Theater at Barnard College and professional puppeteer, whose Redwing Blackbird Theater uses humor and plain language to present political issues, including energy, at its regular public performances; and
- Evelyn Wright, energy analyst and economist, and Principal at Sustainable Energy Economics, as well as developer of FACETS framework for analysis of climate-energy-technology systems.
CLP’s Board of Directors are:
Susan H. Gillespie (President), tel: 845-658-9820
Kelleigh McKenzie (Vice-President)
Betta Broad (Treasurer)
Amy Trompetter (Secretary)
Jen Metzger (ex officio), tel: 845-489-0830